Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 164: The less I know...

It has been a looonnnnggg time since I've last posted.  However, I had a little insight this morning and felt it had to be shared...

Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Diigo, RSS feeds...  they all help me keep up on what is happening with technology in education.  I read voraciously online, over 100 blogs posts a day, 300+ twitter feeds, and numerous articles that are linked from social media friends.

I realized this morning, it is all like my PhD work.  I have built a large online community of resources so I can do a daily literature review.  When I read and read and read until I end up coming back to the same ideas and articles, I know I'm onto something.  In my PhD work, I would call this a literature review.  In real life, I call it survival.  I have to know the current trends, tools, and practices.  The only way I can do that is by independent verification of my thousands of online friends who do much of the work for me.  I just have to be bright enough to piece it all together and apply it to my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment